The festive season is well and truly underway. Christmas is a time to be merry, in keeping with the season ThermoWise hosted our 2015 year end function on the 5th of December here at our new KZN offices, 3 Jack Smith Road, Ballito Service Park. The festivities of this event was filled with humor and staff had the opportunity to unwind, relax and enjoy good food and good company. Staff from our Gauteng branch also joined in with the festivities and traveled from afar to make the ThermoWise family a hole.
As things calmed down and Arnold took a hold of the formalities of the event, in honoring our employees awards were handed to staff that have dedicated their time, blood, sweat and tears in making the business a success as to where we stand today. The decision making process each year is becoming harder and harder for the Directors as so many staff have earned their wings through out the year, but never the less even though not everyone was awarded, every staff member still walked away with a smile.
This years awards was handed out as follows:
- Top Achiever of the Year 2015 – Awarded to Michelle Watson and Francois Troskie.
- Employee of the Year 2015 – Awarded to Nikita Callaghan.
- Technician of the Year 2015 KZN – Awarded to Wayne Henning.
- Technician of the Year 2015 Gauteng – Awarded to Anthony van der Westhuizen.
- Most Improves Technical Team Leader of the Year 2015 KZN – Awarded to Sibusiso Masinga.
- Most Improves Technical Team Leader of the Year 2015 Gauteng – Awarded to Paul Paul Nodaba.
- Most Improves Technical Assistant of the Year 2015 KZN – Awarded to Siphosakhe Tyhoba.
- Most Improves Technical Assistant of the Year 2015 Gauteng – Awarded to Thuthuka Hlantshwayo.
Every year based on events through out the year more on a personal scale and running joke, we add some fun and humor to our awards ceremony by awarding staff with the “Special Head Case” Awards to show our compassion towards our fellow workers, a few examples will be Wayne Henning that was awarded the CROWS NEST for always having the most copper pipes loaded onto his bakkie, and every piece of material that he can salvage will join this load. Well done Wayne, keep up the hording. Another award was THE DUCK TAPE on whom Richard Black took ownership this year for always being able to fix just about anything, great work Mr. Fix-it, and so the list goes on.
As the year comes to an end, tough times and good times has passed, but with all this said and not forgetting why we have prospered in such magnitude we are blessed to have the customers that lends us the support and ongoing loyalty.